Full Job Description
Legacy Counsellors, P.C. is a well-established estate planning and real estate firm with several offices located in the Pioneer Valley. We are searching for an experienced real estate paralegal to add to our growing team.
We value our employees and offer*:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance – stipend for a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) – Company contributes 3% of all employees’ wages regardless of employee contribution
- Vacation time
- We are also closed on federal holidays.
- Sick days
- Business casual if meeting with clients and casual if you are not expected to meet with clients that day
- Small office environment – you can get to know your coworkers
- Education opportunities
- Safe location with free parking and a lot of breakfast and lunch spots easily accessible
- Growth opportunity – the sky is the limit.
- Opportunity to work remotely (approximately 30-40%) following probationary period in-office
*Benefits are available upon successful completion of 90-days of full-time employment and are subject to change without notice.
We are a goal-oriented firm looking to hire a responsible team player who can work independently, with a “can-do” attitude, is comfortable with being held accountable, and must seek personal and professional development.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is curious and loves to learn something new every day. Someone who takes inordinate pride in their work and wants everything perfect before it goes to our clients. Someone looking for a work home, who believes in what they are doing, follows through on tasks, is self-directed, and prioritizes their work. We are searching for someone whose values include integrity, honesty, service orientation, and who is a team player.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of due diligence and closing processes for real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, and refinances;
- Drafting of documents;
- Reviewing and summarizing title commitments;
- Preparing and distributing closing packages;
- A willingness to be involved with other areas of law with attorney supervision as necessary;
- All aspects of general office responsibilities, including client reception and answering phones when necessary.
Qualifications and Preferences
- 2-4 years experience with residential real estate transactions.
- Paralegal certificate or bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook, Clio, and Qualia.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Reliable transportation required — applicant must be able to travel between office locations as needed.
- Intermediate understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and general strong computer skills
- Must be a team player, dependable, detail-oriented, thorough, honest, and have good organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking effectively
- Flexible and willing to change priorities as needed
- Have a “can-do” attitude and be willing to challenge yourself and learn additional tasks
- Be client-focused and have a pleasant disposition
- Wants to succeed and grow every day
To apply for this exciting growth opportunity, please submit a detailed resume and a cover letter telling us why you are searching for another position, why you believe you are the best person for this position, and your salary expectations. You will also need to complete the Indeed skill assessment sent to you.
No emails, phone calls, or in-person applications will be accepted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
Masks are required (except at workstations) unless we have actual knowledge of full vaccination status. Much of the work can be done remotely, which we encourage to minimize the number of people in the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location